We store cookies on your device to make sure we give you the best experience on this website. I'm fine with this - Turn cookies off
Switch to an accessible version of this website which is easier to read. (requires cookies)

Matt Hancock reveals new Coronavirus outbreak in Leicester.

June 19, 2020 5:34 PM
By Leicester Liberal Democrats

Nigel Porter has said after the latest revelation by the Health Secretary:

All councillors (including me) had a members briefing (chairman was sir Peter) last week but there was no mention at the meeting of the spike. Very odd that at a covid19 briefing there is no mention of a new spike in the City. One can only assume the council is being run by people who fail to grasp how serious this disease is.

Why would they have kept the corona virus spike in Leicester quiet? It's only because Matt Hancock made the announcement on the TV that I and many others found out what's happening in Leicester. It's really not good enough.

Why is the council withholding such important information? Why is public health information not being made available to the public and their elected representatives - where is the transparency; where are the warnings?

At the briefing last week the council said that these so called school bubbles are safe. I asked where is the evidence that they are safe? I didn't get a direct answer to my question and they instead just referred to government guidance.

No wonder Leicester has a new outbreak when the leader is flouting the law and the council thinks guidance is evidence that the School bubbles are safe.

If the school bubbles were safe, why have schools closed and why are more people in Leicester now infected with the invisible killer?

Cllr Nigel (Cllr Nigel Porter)

Nigel Porter